Wednesday, February 26, 2020

E HAERE AU I PAPEARI

 Transfer!!

We got an email from Jordan Monday evening telling us he's been transferred!! This will be his first time changing locations while serving, and we were so anxious to hear where he would be transferred to! It could be anywhere in his mission - which boundaries are this:


It's a little blurry and hard to see, but the entire outlined area is Jordan's mission boundaries. The island of Tahiti is labeled in bold letters, and is the center of his mission. But it basically covers all of French Polynesia, from the Cook Islands to the Marquesas.

Here is Jordan's email:

Iaorana tatou! (Hello everyone!) I GOT TRANSFERED TO PAPEARI!!! It was SO incredibly sad to leave Moorea, but I'm so excited to be here. It's so different from Moorea haha. My new companion is Elder Rogers, he's hilarious, I'm pumped to get to work with him. Papeari is on the south-east-ish of Tahiti. And Elder Giles--my 2nd companion at the MTC--is in my district here! So that's gonna be super fun. I miss the people of Moorea so much, they are very special and I've grown to love so many of them. But there are more people to love out there! I know eventually it'll be sad to leave here too--there are people to love no matter where you go. Merci pour tout le soutien que vous me donnez (Thanks for all the support you give me), ua here rahi au ia outou.

Elder King

PS:
We also had two baptisms this Saturday! Two cousins Heia and Maria got baptized together on the same day, they are very close and it was a really special day for them. I got to baptize and confirm Heia, and Elder Ringger got to baptize and confirm Maria. I'm so excited for them, it was so hard to leave, but I'm so happy I got to be there to see them get baptized, I've seen them change so much and it's been such a special experience for me. Now it's time to grow to love the people of Mahaiatea :)


So Jordan is on the island of Tahiti! In an area called Papeari! Of course I had to look it up to see where that is:




I'm happy to know he's on Tahiti, where it's more of a city and there are lots of stores and food options and good technology for keeping in contact! I don't actually know what his area is like though, if it's touristy or more rural. I can't wait to talk with him on Monday (hopefully!) and ask lots of questions! 


It also warms my heart to hear how much he grew to love so many of the people on Moorea where he was. And that he had such a neat experience getting to see someone's life change for the better as they come unto Christ. My heart is so full <3

No comments:

Post a Comment