Wednesday, February 5, 2020

RAIN!

This week we just got a short reply to an email from Jordan. No group email and no phone call. I think he's been busy. And I'm so glad he's making time to have fun on his P-days!
And - he did upload some pictures!!

He replied to an email I had sent him earlier last week, saying,

 "I'm doing well, it rained HARD this week! Everywhere was like flooded! Haha it was insane but really fun too! Now its super hot and humid today, but we're gonna go play some basketball so that'll be fun! Its with all the missionaries on Moorea, 6 elders and 4 sisters. Its not competitive or anything, just shooting around, but its fun. At the chapel of Pao pao. Love you too!"

And then I saw the pictures he sent, and he wasn't kidding! It did rain HARD!
And he does look like he's having fun :)





If you look to the left in the background of this picture you can see the house built up on a mound and up on stilts. I'm guessing flooding must be a regular thing there. I guess it's bound to be on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean! 


They must have been driving around in it...

Crazy! 


Anyway, Jordan had Zone conference on Tahiti last week, and sent some pictures from the boat ride to Tahiti for that. I love that he appreciates the scenic beauty and wants to share it with us in pictures:





And we got a picture of Jordan with his new companion Elder Ringger!! 
On the boat to Tahiti



This must be some of the other missionaries that took the boat together to Tahiti. 
I love seeing Jordan's happy face!



At Zone Conference, the Mission Presidents wife takes some pictures and posts them to the private facebook page. There were only group pics this time where I had to search to spot Jordan. But I found him!! I LOVE having whatever pictures of him I can get! I love being able to get a glimpse of what he's doing and what it's like there:


All of the missionaries in Jordan's zone with the Mission President and his wife

They always feed them well at Zone Conference <3 

I'm so happy Jordan gets to sing there too




Wish I could see some video of the singing so I could hear his voice :)
I'm SO grateful for what technology he has there so we can get pictures and updates so often!















1 comment:

  1. Hello Tammy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post, I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest. Wow! those beautiful pictures of Jordan who is on a missionay journey. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged strengthned and praying for one another. I have been in the PASTORAL MINISTRY for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. WE also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to MUMBAI to work with us during your vacation. We have many young people coming to Mumbai from different denominational background to be hands and feet of Jesus Christ to bring spiritual and physical healing to the brokenhearted. Looking foreward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings onyou your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the new year 2020. My email id is:dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete